Dry cleaning is any cleaning process for clothing and textiles using a solvent other than water. Rattan Cleaners uses PERC, a chemical known as perchloroethylene or tetrachloroethylene. It's the solvent used by about 85% of U.S. dry cleaners, but is also used as a metal degreaser and in the production of many other chemicals.
Our dry cleaning professionals clean each garment according to its individual Care Label.
Home remedies can place your garment at risk for effective stain removal and for fabric damage, so bring them to us! Our knowledgeable cleaners will remove the stain while keeping the type of material, colorfastness, and the cause of the stain in mind in order to gently yet effectively remove the imperfection.
Our wedding gown preservation specialists carefully examine your gown to determine the most suitable method of cleaning. Throughout the process your gown will be inspected again and again. While usual wedding dress cleaning cannot protect or guarantee against oxidation or "yellowing," our advanced preservation system guarantees that your gown will stay as perfect as the day you wore it down the aisle. Your dress will be carefully sealed in an acid-free inner box that controls humidity. Our sealed packaging allows you to view your gown and veil at any time, while protecting the gown from mold, mildew, insect damage and oxidation. The inner box is placed in an attractive, durable, long-term storage chest for additional safety.
Our prices are competitive in the Amarillo Dry Cleaning market. We are not the cheapest or most expensive. Our consistent focus is to provide our customers with excellent customer service as well as exceptional quality cleaning.
We are pleased to complete your alterations in approximately 5 business days. However we will try to accommodate any special requests if we can.
Every month we offer a printable promotion available on our website. We also offer standard discounts for military, veteran, police, fire fighters, teachers and medical personnel. We also offer customer loyalty discounts just contact one of our customer service representatives to find out
We have Gift Certificates available for purchase through the store. Please contact one of our customer service representatives to find out more.
The dry cleaning process will not shrink your clothes. We have the most advanced programmable dry cleaning machines that are carefully controlled by systems designed for different garment types. You can be confident that our experienced dry cleaners are fully trained in handling the most problematic fabric types.
When a garment is cleaned in water, the yarns swell causing the clothing to receive more agitation in the washing process. In dry cleaning this dynamic does not occur, therefore prolonging the life of your garment.
Occasionally, manufactures do not select an interfacing that is compatible with the fabric on the shirt. Therefore, shrinkage occurs causing a ‘puckering’ effect.
A consumer should expect:
• to get their clothes back from the dry cleaner. There is no excuse for a dry cleaner losing a customer's clothes, although it does happen. Expect to be fairly compensated if this happens to you.
• to get their clothes properly cleaned and pressed. Some dry cleaners attempt to remove spots and stains and some don't. All stains cannot be removed from a garment, but an experienced professional can get out many spots and stains. Clothes can be clean and still have stains. Stain removal can never be guaranteed.
• to be treated with courtesy and respect.
• to have seams and hems repaired for free if they come lose while cleaning.
• to have buttons replaced for free if they are lost or broken while at the dry cleaners.
• to be fairly compensated if the dry cleaner causes damage to the clothes. Sometime clothes are damaged and the dry cleaner is following care label instructions. If there is a problem when the clothes are manufactured or the care label is wrong and the problem manifests when the dry cleaner is cleaning them, the manufacturer or the retailer should replace the clothes or refund the purchase price.
The plastic that covers your dry cleaning and laundry when you pick it up (or when it is delivered to you) is good for transporting the clothes only. Do not leave the plastic on the clothes once you get them home. Use the bag to line your trash cans or take them in for recycling.
Yes! You pick a location at your residence (usually the front door) where we will check for pick ups and make deliveries. We provide you an “over-the-door” hook, free of charge, to ensure your clean clothes are protected.
No, we have no minimum usage requirements at all. Our service was designed to be used frequently, so smaller orders tend to be easier for both you and us. Our goal is to keep your closet full of clean clothes at all times. Once you get in the habit of sending in a little something once or twice a week, you’ll never run out of clean clothes again!
Unless you prefer to be on “will call” service, there is no need to alert us of a pick up request. We will check your home for the Bag weekly.